Goodwood Oval Reference Group
Meeting Minutes 7pm 6 September 2017
Katia Ferrar [RR], Joy Mundy [RR], Glen Watson [RR]
Julian Murphy [Tennis World] Kent Thiele [Tennis SA]
Peter Schembri [Hockey], Jeff Emmel [Cricket] Chris Gates [GSFC]
Cr Jennie Boisvert , John Wilkinson [Council]
Apologies Greg Wilson [RR], Cr Bob Schnell, Cr Don Palmer, Michael Raphael
• Minutes of previous meeting, June 2017, posted on website.
• Group recognized service & contribution of Peter Hoskin to the GORG & Goodwood Saints Football club
o Recommend a permanent memorial, in conjunction with GSFC & Unley Council. GW to action
• Tennis SA & Millswood Complex Update
o Tennis SA will assumed control 31 June 2017
o New management structure
“Tennis World” model, a cooperation of Tennis Australia with Tennis SA
• Temporary Manager & coach in place, permanent appointments to follow
• Clubroom maintenance underway.
Goodwood Saints Tennis club to maintain security of tenure
Public use of front courts to persist
Liquor license to be held in abeyance.
• DP (via e-mail) updated draft budget for proposed re-development, including proposed structural evaluation of grandstand with a view to upgrade or replacement.
• Club reports : Cricket, Football & Hockey gave verbal reports.
• Other business : Nil
Next Meeting : 6 December 2017, Tennis Clubrooms
Meeting Closed : 7:40 pm